About this policy
This policy describes how we use your personal data when you use our website (www.bch.uk.com) or when we provide services to you. We have provided this policy to ensure that you understand what personal data we may collect and hold about you, what we may use it for and how we keep it safe. You have legal rights to access the personal data that we hold about you and to control how we use it which are also explained.
You can read, print and save this whole policy. We use sub-headings to help you find specific information that you may be looking for more easily, including information about:
Who we are and how you can contact us
We are Barrett Corp & Harrington, a Limited Company, registered in England & Wales, registration number 5909758. Our registered office address is at Charnwood House, Harcourt Way, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1WP.
You can contact us in writing at Swan House, The Park, Market Bosworth, Warwickshire, CV13 0LJ, or by emailing email@example.com. If you would like to speak to us please call us on 01455 293510.
Please refer to the sections on Our data compliance manager, Your rights to know what personal data we hold and to control how we use it and How to make a complaint for further contact information.
Our data compliance manager
We have appointed a data compliance manager who oversees our handling of personal data.
Our data compliance manager is Jeremy Price. You can contact Jeremy Price in writing at Swan House, The Park, Market Bosworth, Warwickshire, CV13 0LJ or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01455 293510. Please also refer to Who are we and how you can contact us and marking your correspondence for the attention of Jeremy Price.
What personal data we collect about you
● personal data that you provide to us. There are lots of ways in which you may share your personal data with us, for example, you may register on our website, post on social media sites that we run, or contact us in connection with services that you would like to buy, or have already bought from us, or where we have been instructed through a third party on your behalf. The personal data that you provide to us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, details of the property concerned and their contents, and financial and credit card information.
● personal data that we receive from third parties. When we work with other businesses such as Brokers, Managing Agents, Insurance Companies or use sub-contractors these parties may provide and collect personal data about you which they will share with us. Types of information that we may be provided with include Name, Contact details, Access details, Security Details, and Contents itinerary.
● personal data about your use of our website. This is technical information and includes details such as your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, as well as details of how you navigated to our website and where you went when you left, what pages you viewed or searched for, page response times,
● download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
What we use your personal data for
We use your personal data in the following ways:
● personal data that you provide to us is used to:
● provide, either you, or your Broker, Managing Agent or Insurance Company with the information, products and services that you request from us.
● manage and administer our business
● review and improve our service
● personal data that we receive from third parties such as Brokers, Managing Agents, Insurance Companies, or Agents/Representatives is combined with the personal data that you provide to us and used for the purposes described above.
● personal data about your use of our website is used to:
● administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
● to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device
● to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
● as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
● to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them
Our website only uses essential cookies to allow logins to help us distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our website.
When we need your consent to use your personal data
Whilst we always want you to be aware of how we are using your personal data, this does not necessarily mean that we are required to ask for your consent before we can use it. In the day to day running of our business we may use your personal data without asking for your consent because:
● we are entering into and carrying out our obligations under a contract with you or an assigned third party
● we need to use your personal data for our own legitimate purposes (such as the administration and management of our business and the improvement of our services) and our doing so will not interfere with your privacy rights
In exceptional circumstances we may wish to use your personal data for a different purpose which does require your consent. In these circumstances we will contact you to explain how we wish to use your data and to ask for your consent. You are not required to give consent just because we ask for it. If you do give consent you can change your mind and withdraw it at a later date.
Please refer to the section on How we use your personal data for marketing to read about marketing consents.
Personal data you are legally obliged to provide
You are not under a legal obligation to provide us with any of your personal data but please note that if you elect not to provide us with your personal data we may be unable to provide our services to you.
Your rights to know what personal data we hold and to control how we use it
You have a legal right to know what personal data we hold about you – this is called the right of subject access. You can exercise this right by sending us a written request at any time.
Please mark your letter “Subject Access Request” and send it to us at Swan House, The Park, Market Bosworth, Warwickshire, CV13 0LJ, or by email to email@example.com, or using the details in the Who we are and how you can contact us section, and data compliance manager section.
You also have rights to:
● prevent your personal data being used for marketing purposes (see How we use your personal data for marketing for further details have inaccurate personal data corrected, blocked or erased
● object to decisions being made about you by automated means.
● object to our using your personal data in ways that are likely to cause you damage or distress
● restrict our use of your personal data
● require that we delete your personal data
● require that we provide you, or anyone that you nominate, with a copy of any personal data you have given us in a structured electronic form such as a CSV file
You can find full details of your personal data rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at www.ico.org.uk.
Automated decision making and profiling
We do not make use of automated decision making or profiling.
When we will share your personal data with others
We share your data with the following people in the day to day running our business:
● any Managing Agent, Broker, or Insurance Company, suppliers and subcontractors we work with to provide you with the services that you have requested from us
● analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may also share your personal information with third parties on a one-off basis, for example, if:
● we sell or buy any business or assets (including our own), in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
How we keep your personal data safe
We take every care to ensure that your personal data is kept secure. The security measures we take include:
● only storing your personal data on our secure servers and in-house database
● encrypting any payment transactions made through our third-party payments provider who use SSL technology
● ensuring that our staff receive regular data security awareness training
● keeping paper records to a minimum and ensuring that those we do have are stored in locked filing cabinets on our office premises
● maintaining up to date firewalls and anti-virus software to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to our systems
● enforcing a strict policy on the use of mobile devices and out of office working
Please remember that you are responsible for keeping your passwords secure. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not to share your passwords with anyone.
Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data sent to our website; you send us personal data at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features (some of which are described above) to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your personal data for marketing
We will add your details to our marketing database if:
● you make an enquiry about our services
● you buy our services
● you have told a third party that you would like them to pass us your contact details so that we can send you updates about our services
● you have registered an account on our website and have indicated during the sign-up process that you are happy to receive marketing communications
We may send you marketing communications by email, telephone, and post.
You can ask us to only send you marketing communications by particular methods (for example, you may be happy to receive emails from us but not telephone calls), about specific subjects or you may ask us not to send you any marketing communications at all.
We never share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
When we will send your personal data to other countries
Some of our data may be stored on a CRM system provided by a US supplier who has servers located in the US. We have verified that the US supplier is registered under the Privacy Shield.
How long we keep your personal data
We only keep your personal data for as long as we actually need it. but in practice this means that that we will keep the following items:
● your name, and contact details for up to 20 years following the production of your report
● a record of the services, including a copy of your full report we provide to you for up to 20 years following the production of your report
● complaint records for up to 20 years following the report
How you can make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way we have used your personal data please contact our data compliance manager to discuss this using the contact details set out in our data compliance manager section above.
You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office which you can do by visiting www.ico.org.uk. Whilst you are not required to do so, we encourage you to contact us directly to discuss any concerns that you may have and to allow us an opportunity to address these before you contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How we keep this policy up to date
We will review and update this policy from time to time. This may be to reflect a change in the services we offer or to our internal procedures or it may be to reflect a change in the law.
The easiest way to check for updates is by looking for the latest version of this policy on our website (www.bch.uk.com) or you can contact us (see Who we are and how to contact us) to ask us to send you the latest version of our policy.
Each time we update our policy we will update the policy version number shown in the footer of the policy and the date on which that version of the policy came into force.