This note sets out the procedure we will follow in dealing with any complaint:
- Depending on the source, complaints will be dealt with by directors, Martyn Barrett and Lorna Harrington. However, Martyn Barrett, tel 07984 644444, is appointed to assume overall responsibility for complaints. If you have a question or if you would like to make a complaint, please don’t hesitate to contact Martyn or Lorna.
- If you have initially made your complaint verbally – whether face-to-face or on the phone – please also make it in writing, addressed to one of the above directors, at Barrett Corp & Harrington Ltd, Swan House, The Park, Market Bosworth, Warwickshire CV13 0LJ.
- A complaint is defined as an expression of dissatisfaction. Our aim is to treat all customers fairly as defined by the FSA.
- Once we have received your written complaint, we will acknowledge in writing within seven days. At this stage we will provide you with our understanding of your case and you will be invited to make any further comments or observations.
- Within twenty-one days of receipt of the above summary, we will write to inform you of the outcome of our investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions we have taken or will take.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the handling of your complaint or the outcome of our internal investigation, feel free to contact us and we will conduct a separate review and contact you within fourteen days to inform you of the conclusion.
- If you remain dissatisfied and are a consumer, defined as having purchased a service for personal use, we operate an independent redress mechanism via the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR). Further details of this organisation will be provided upon request.